COVID-19 Updates and Travel Information
Updated policies and practices as of September 2, 2020
We are open for business and complying with the requirements of local, state and federal government. Specifically, we are operating according to the Governor Sununu’s Stay at Home 2.0 Lodging Guidelines.
Guests and Requirements
We are accepting reservations by phone, online, or in person from:
- Essential Workers
- Vulnerable Populations
- New Hampshire residents
- Visitors from visitors from Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island
- Out of State visitors from other states who have met the 14 day “quarantine at home” requirement
Pursuant to the Governor of New Hampshire’s Emergency Order 27, all registered guests must attest that they are exhibiting no symptoms of COVID 19
For guests arriving from New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Vermont, there is NO QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT.
Guests arriving from other states must attest that they have “quarantined at home**” for 14 days prior to check-in.
**The definition of “quarantined at home” in this instance means that the person or people registering to stay at this lodging facility have remained isolated at home for the past 14 days, going into the community only for necessities. In addition, when outside of the home, have maintained social distancing and worn a face covering when less than six feet from another person.
Out-of-state guests will be made aware at the time of the reservation of the need for this requirement.
Out of state first responders and healthcare workers who use PPE as part of their daily work are exempt from the “quarantine at home” portion of this requirement.
Protecting our Guests and our Team
The Jack Daniels Inn has a well-earned reputation for providing exceptionally clean rooms for our guests.
Our standard protocols already include disinfecting guest rooms after each visit in strict adherence to CDC guidelines. In addition, we are putting into place enhanced measures.
Protecting our Guests and our Team:
- Following NH Universal Guidelines
- Following the American Hotel & Lodging Association Safe Stay Guidelines for cleaning and sanitation frequency
- Staff have completed ServSafe COVID-19 training
- Screening staff for symptoms or risk factors for COVID-19 using the guidance found in the NH Universal Guidelines
- Employees with confirmed cases of COVID-19 must stay home until symptom-based criteria are met for discontinuation of isolation..
Protecting our Guests:
- In the Lobby, we are sanitizing door handles, counter tops; all other customer touch-points in common areas, and other areas of hand contact after each party.
- Providing grab-and-go food and beverages
- Guests are asked the following questions at check-in regarding COVID-19 symptoms:
a. Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
b. Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
c. Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
d. Have you had changes in your sense of taste or smell ?
e. If you answered yes to any of these questions, please do not put our employees and other guests at risk and come back another day when you feel better. Any deposit will be returned.
f. A version of this checklist is included in reservation confirmations.
4. Maintaining social distancing at check-in and offering digital self check in
5. If Staff or guests will be coming inside the social distance range of each other, cloth face coverings will be worn by staff, and recommended for guests.
- Placed hand sanitizer stations in hotel lobby and other appropriate locations
- Requiring cloth face coverings for employees and recommended for guests when working or moving within the facility when social distancing is not possible. Minimizing the need for waiting queues for check-in or check-out.
- Assigned the manager on duty to monitor and improve compliance with social distancing and other protective policies, including education, hand hygiene and cloth face covering use amongst employees and guests.
- Continuing to remind all patrons that those with an elevated / high risk should continue to shelter at home.
- Providing instructions to guests in reservation confirmations
The health and safety of our guests, staff and community are the highest priority for us. We ask that that guests and staff observe recommendation by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and New Hampshire’s Department of Health and Human Services.
We will monitor new developments and adjust our policies and procedures as we learn more.